12.16.2003

Went to Bed Friday: 1:30 Woke Up Saturday: 6:30 No Naps Saturday
Went to Bed Saturday: 12:00 Woke Up Sunday: 7:30 Hour Nap
Went to Bed Sunday: 12:00 Woke Up Today: 9:00 Thirty Minute Nap

Nashy Nashy was enjoyable overall. Cloudy and freezing, but enjoyable. The combination of music, a group of greater than 2, and lots of time in the car made me think think think. I have come to a few conclusions.

1. I need to marry someone who appreciates what I appreciate and vice versa. I don't see how I could be happy with someone who thought the Opryland Hotel was the be all end all of accommodations. It's interesting but it's impersonal. Similarly, I just don't think, deep down, that I could respect someone who didn't get the music I liked or was satisfied with the selection he found on the radio. Ditto for Applebees.

2. I am sick and tired of me. I want to do something that has absolutely nothing to do with me. Next semester, I have to get involved in something. I'm thinking about doing Young Life in Nashville. My friend Brandy, from Midtown, has invited me to come to her club and see how I like it. She's also said she'll set me up with the Area Young Life director and talk about what I want to do and what Young Life needs.

3. The things I love are also the things that break my heart. The sermon this Sunday was about being the person God created you to be, pursuing the things that he placed in your heart to adore. The things that leave me speechless and thinking there could be nothing better are also the things that catapult me into depression. I can't figure out if this means I don't really love them or just that despair only shows up because I'm not connecting my loves with God's purpose for them.

If Jesus would like to put his two cents in, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home