4.09.2007


Right now, I should be writing a review of U&lc: influencing design and typography by John Berry for my graphic design history class. Instead, I'm updating my blog. That's usually how it happens. The only time I write a post is when I am procrastinating.

I've gotten into the habit of exclusively listening to an album or two for months at a time. If that wasn't bad, or good, enough (I haven't decided which it is), they are usually albums I've had for years. The last one was Fiona Apple's Tidal (which I purchased in 6th or 7th grade, 10 years ago). I just haven't been buying anything.

Well, in the last week, I've purchased two albums: Spoon's Gimme Fiction and Arcade Fire's Neon Bible. I could only go into Starbucks so many times before I was forced to get the Spoon. Gimme Fiction is good, but it was eclipsed by the acquisition of Neon Bible.

Neon Bible
is amazing! The packaging is terrifying! I listened to it in my car, a car with brokie speakers and it was fantastic. I've finally starting listening to it through my ipod and it is extra super dooper fantastic. So many layers! Even a thunderstorm! Go get it. It's the only album I've recommended in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home