3.16.2004

I have not written lately. My apologies. So much and so little has been going on, but here are my thoughts.

School: You may (or may not) know that I am deciding whether or not to go back to school this week. Yesterday, the only option I seemed able to take was to leave. It didn't seem like a great choice, but it was the only one I could make work. Today I think I will stay.

Stuart: Yippie! He is my most favoritest puppy.

Politics: What a messy topic. My german class got in a big argument today that somewhat involved this. The committee that discusses medical ethics just put out a 700-page anthology of world literature that deals with the question of what is human, what makes the human experience. Those that spoke up said it was a poorly disguised piece of propaganda produced by a committee biased against stem cell research. Of course, I said nothing. Being a political christian seems to end up being someone who makes everybody mad. No political party has it down so there is ample opportunity to offend all of them. There is much I wish I could educate myself about. I know I feel certain ways about certain things but I have no real facts to back me up. As Christians, we should be educated about these things. Politics isn't just philosophy. It's outcome means life or death in so many areas. I wish I knew so much more.

CMT Flameworthy Awards: Gaylord entertainment couldn't guarantee CMT space for the show, so it will now be held at Vanderbilt's very own Memorial Gym. I find this really funny. Little Jimmy Dickens will be yards from my dorm.

Naps: I haven't take one today, yet, and it's 3:11.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home