11.06.2006

Hmm . . . today I had a excellent embarrassing experience.

For my photo project, I'm required to take pictures of subjects sitting by a window. I thought, "Espresso News has windows. Espresso News has coffee. Espresso News, I will go." I recruited Bonnie to be the stunning blonde, deep in thought about world hunger and the plight of Ethiopian widows. You know, pictures Facebook style.

It is impossible to shoot without feeling (and looking) totally lame. I mean, come on. Taking pictures in a coffee shop? By a window? With a book? Just add an engagement ring and a Taylor t-shirt and I'd be a Caedmon's Call fan, circa 1997.

Therefore, many jokes of questionable taste were exchanged to highlight the lameness of the situation. Bonnie has worn me down to this base affect, especially in the area of being The Obnoxious Dirty Man. The man that grunts, "I'll clean up your table," 'clean up' meaning some sort of sexual act and 'table' meaning you. Now, for those of you who don't know, I am not The Obnoxious Dirty Man in real life. I don't hit on males. Most of the time, I don't even make eye contact. I'm practically a 10-year-old girl when it comes to the subject.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a guy walking towards the stairs. No other details were noted. His only qualification for the upcoming joke was that he was male. In my best Obnoxious Dirty Man voice, I turned in his direction and said "I'll take you picture, if you know what I mean." The comment was only meant as a joke for Bonnie's enjoyment. As you might have guessed by now, he heard me. And turned back around and looked at me. And was actually college-age and attractive.

I've got to work on my inside voice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm glad that I am noted as the one the corrupts...my goal in life. I have to admit it was quite funny and though you did not say "if you know what I mean" it was even better to know that I have added that phrase to your vocabulary :) what a great photo shoot that was as well as educational...thanks to the book on pregnancy. woohoo. :)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home