6.06.2005

I think I was passed the music baton by Alisa. I think. If I answered the questions tomorrow, I'm sure my answers would be totally different.

Amount of music on your computer?

If any one can beat this, I will give them a prize: 12 songs, 46.2 minutes, 42.8 MB. I deleted all the music off my computer to help Illustrator do it's job better.

Currently listening to?

Nothing. Earlier today, I heard Tim O'Brien and Darroll Scottt's "Walk Beside Me" on 92.9. I sang along. Normally, I listen to KCRW through itunes.

Five songs that mean a lot to you?

"Leave it Up to You," Jill Phillips. Way more poppy Christian than I usually listen to, but its nice little comforting song.

"The Dress Looks Nice on You," Sufjan Stevens. Just a quiet song of appreciation. Or love. Or something.

"The Upper Pennisula," Sufjan Stevens. Poverty, loss, divorce, death. All the ingredients for a really, really sad song.

"Come Pick Me Up," Ryan Adams. Yeah, so it's a flawed song. It's still an accurate account of longing.

"Wedding Dress," Derek Webb. Obviously, we are the bride and we betray Jesus. Nice summation how lost we are and how far Jesus goes to find us.

Top five albums?

"Insignificance," Jim O'Rourke

"Riot on an Empty Street," Kings of Convience

"Greetings from Michigan," Sufjan Stevens

"What You Whispered," David Wilcox

"Hell Among the Yearlings," Gillian Welch

Last album bought?

I have no idea. I am notorious fo not getting new music. Maybe "Quiet is the New Loud," Kings of Convience?

Recent discoveries?

Telepopmusik. "Angel Milk," their new album, comes to the US soon. They get alot of comparison's with Air and their music's pretty popular sounding, but they have such great orchestrations.

I am not going to pass the baton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home