6.05.2004

Hello from a cold and rainy Chantilly, Virginia. "Chantilly," you ask? Let me explain the origins of this name.

Kate: Chantilly?
Daddy: I don't think I know what that means.
Kate: I don't know either.
Daddy: I know Chantilly lace . . . Chantilly lace . . . doot doot doot . . . you have a pony tail.
Kate: What does Chantilly lace mean?
Daddy: I think it's some kind of fancy lace. Chantilly must mean fancy town. Yes, that's it. Fancy town.

And Fancy Town it is. We ate at a delightful restaurant that's small wine list included Jerry Garcia and Fat Bastard brand wines. Mmm. I wonder what vintages they offer.

Daddy bought me some galoshes today. Dey hot. I've been given three compliments on them thus far.

Dinner calls, more updates later . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

It's just a start, I don't plan to keep it.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home