6.30.2004

I've never been particularly good at allowing people I enjoy to enjoy themselves without me. Therefore, I was especially surprised to find that I was not only willing for Stuart to spend the day without me, but that I was encouraging him to do so. The program from Dave and Rachel Byers' wedding is posted on my fridge and it says "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear . . ." (I John 4:18). For some reason, the thought of letting him do things with other people terrified me. I use the term "letting" very loosely, as Stuart is his own person and can do whatever the heck he wants. Still, it wasn't something I sincerely wanted to take place. The last few days have broken a bond or two of fear. It's unexpected, but goodness is it welcomed. I don't dare invoke the actual word "love" in this post, but it's safe to say that I'm moving closer to it than not. I'd say this almost-love looks good on me.

Get over it. You'd want to talk about it, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger alisa said...

I think anyone can relate you, Kate, in one form or another. I know I can and I really enjoyed you coming out of your comfort to share that. Thank you.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home